The root of most dialogue problems in a screenplay can be traced back to a lack of knowledge on the part of the writer as to who each character really is.
Here are some resources on how to elevate your characters' dialogue by really getting to know them and much more:
- “Show, Don’t Tell”: How to Stop Relying On Dialogue In a Screenplay
- How to Write Great Script Dialogue
- How to Write Dialogue Between Two Characters: The Ultimate Theory Hack
- Film Dialogue: How to Harness the Power of Your Characters' Opinions
- How to Write Comedy Scripts With Laugh Out Loud Dialogue
If you'd like one of the professional screenwriters in our team help you with your script's dialogue (among other things) check out our range of script coverage services.